Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

White Rogers 1050 Indoor-Outdoor Control

Does anyone have first hand knowledge if the WR 1050 Indoor- Outdoor Hydronic Control (reset ratio) will work on a 750 Millivolt system? WR said it will only work with line voltage but the instructions show both line voltage and 24 volt wiring diagrams. I am working with an Amish contractor who builds Gravity Hot Water/ Millivolt systems and wants to use this control.

Thanlk you,

bk14x32

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I looked into

the White Rodgers control which is really a SPDT Aquastat with indoor and outdoor sensing,which should be able to be used with 120 volts, 24 volts or millivolts without any problem.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I looked into

the White Rodgers control which is really a SPDT Aquastat with indoor and outdoor sensing,which should be able to be used with 120 volts, 24 volts or millivolts without any problem.
  • bk14x32
    bk14x32 Member Posts: 13
    Recent Update from White Rogers

Thank you for your post Tim.

Recently I talked to Joseph at WR and he confirmed that the WR 1050 is compatable with 24 volt but is not with 750 mV. MY Amish contractor friend has ordered the unit anyway as it is for his own home that has a small solar installation. I will encourage him to try the mV FIRST. I will post updates after the unit is installed to let everyone know how it works in a Gravity Hot Warer System. A gravity system needs to be initially balanced to force heat to the first floor. A further balancing will allow the second floor to be cooler but must be redone every time the outdoor temperature changes. The WR 1050 may allow this procedure to only be done once. Balancing done with standard radiator valves not orifice plates. 
This discussion has been closed.