Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wet return routing

Options
ChrisJ
ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,716
Ok I'm assuming it doesn't matter but before I pipe my wet return I want some opinions.

I have two wet returns coming in from opposit directions.  Can I pipe it as shown in the top of my picture or will one cause the other not to drain?  One handles a lot more radiators than the other therefore will have a lot more flow.
Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• crash2009
    crash2009 Member Posts: 1,484
    Options
    I don't think it makes any difference

which return is first or second from the Hartford.  When they re-did mine I just assumed it didn't matter.  Or the layout of the overhead returns decided where they were going to end up.  Now that you have asked, I went and checked mine, the return with the most EDR is farthest from the Hartford.

I like the way these returns (in the picture) connect to the Hartford.  Looks kinda like the header on a car.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,345
    Options
    Won't make a bit of difference

There will be a slight difference in head loss with a T like that, but I do mean small.  Like almost unmeasurable.  So don't worry about it.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
This discussion has been closed.