Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Has anyone seen this?

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
It is regarding side-wall venting into enclosed outdoor areas.  Some folks are interested in conducting simulations of side-wall gas-fired appliance venting into screened outdoor enclosures to monitor levels of combustion product concentrations with varying atmospheric parameters.  I am attempting to collect real-world applications of side-wall venting into an enclosed area, and was wondering if anyone would be able to provide me with any coding and regulations related to, or actual examples of this construction technique.  I am particularly interested in enclosure size range and screen size surrounding a side-wall vent.  There is no litigation involved in this work, simply a general safety study and any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Mac_R
    Mac_R Member Posts: 117
    Codes and standards

I would check out what NFPA 54 has to say about that.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    This is actually a study

being done by NFPA which I have been asked to participate in. I am looking for perhaps any installations that might include something like this outside of NFPA as it is only one code there are many others which may have such a allowable procedure. It could also be something manufacturers have looked at. Viessmann has some pretty extraordinary applications for their sidewall equipment for example. Perhaps Canada or over across the pond in Europe.
This discussion has been closed.