Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GasNetworks Fall Heating Conference!

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
The GasNetworks 11th Annual Heating Professionals Fall Conference Registration is open and the full agenda is now available at <a href="http://www.gasnetworks.com/">www.gasnetworks.com</a>

The conference will be held on Thursday, September 22, 2011, at the Lantana located in Randolph, MA.

The day-long conference will feature a myriad of expert trainers and

speakers and will focus on high efficiency natural gas heating equipment

and installation practices.

Sessions will include such topics as hydronic heating, on-demand water

heating, condensing & modulating boilers, near boiler piping, system

sizing, renewables, codes an& standards and more.

NEW FOR THIS YEAR--MORE SESSIONS AND EXHIBITORS THAN EVER!!

A trade show and reception will be held at the end of the day.

Just $65 if you register by September 8th.

Registration fee includes continental breakfast, all seminars, buffet lunch, trade show and reception!

View the agenda and Register online at: <a href="http://www.gasnetworks.com/">www.gasnetworks.com</a>

To register by phone call:

1-877-363-8822
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    I was with one of my old friends

from my days in the gas industry last week. We were reminiscing about the past. The Gas Networks Fall Heating Conference had its beginnings many years ago in the 1970's. A group of four gas trainers with what was then the New England Gas Association recommended a one day gathering for training on gas equipment. The first one if memory serves we old timers was in 1972, a fella by the name of Tom Kiley was the Executive Director for the New England Gas Association at the time and he pretty much put it together with the four trainers working with him. In those days it was gas company trainers who did the teaching and this carried on for many years.

It then became the Massachusetts Gas Consortium and I did the first one of those and did a complete one day series on gas controls.

It has surely evolved since those days and Dan has been a big part of its success in recent years.

It would be nice some year to have all the old timers who originally participated in those session invited  to maybe give a little history of what has happened over the years in the gas industry.

The New England Gas Association also have a Gas Operations School that met for years at Bentley College in Mass. It has recently been held at Bryant College in Rhode Island. It was in the early years divided into various gas related subjects and included servicing of gas equipment. Since most utilities no longer service equipment that part of it no longer exists.

Sorry for the reminiscing I guess I am getting old and miss the opportunities we all had for plying our trade to contractors as gas trainers. Old trainers never die they just fade away, someone said to me recently "why don't you just go away and go fishing". I guess I really feel an obligation to pass on what we old timers know and keep everyone safe and effective in what they do.
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Bummer

Same date as Comforttech in Indie :-(
This discussion has been closed.