Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Need some advice

peteboy
peteboy Member Posts: 18
I had a brand new gas boiler installed last month. It was only test fired. Never actually been used. Thanks to Irene, I now have about 2 1/2 feet of water in my basement. I shut off the gas to both the Hot water heater and boiler. I did not even pay for the thing yet. Any chances that the unit will survive the flood?? What are my chances? any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    edited August 2011
    Depends

Where the unit's raised above water level? If not, and the gas valves/electronic's are under water then they are ruined. Also, the chamber and insulation on the boiler will also need to be replaced. Prior to turning anything back on have a technician in to look at the system. If you can get down there (dont splash the water around it will cause more damage) and take a look to get a level the water is up to it will help.

As a side note, is the power off to the units and dont enter the water if there is any concern of a power line in contact with the water! Better safe than sorry if you are not sure...
  • peteboy
    Need some advice

thank you for the advice, I am waiting for the water to recede to see the damages
  • peteboy
    Need some advice

thank you for the advice, I am waiting for the water to recede to see the damages
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!