Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need some advice

Options
peteboy
peteboy Member Posts: 18
I had a brand new gas boiler installed last month. It was only test fired. Never actually been used. Thanks to Irene, I now have about 2 1/2 feet of water in my basement. I shut off the gas to both the Hot water heater and boiler. I did not even pay for the thing yet. Any chances that the unit will survive the flood?? What are my chances? any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Depends

Where the unit's raised above water level? If not, and the gas valves/electronic's are under water then they are ruined. Also, the chamber and insulation on the boiler will also need to be replaced. Prior to turning anything back on have a technician in to look at the system. If you can get down there (dont splash the water around it will cause more damage) and take a look to get a level the water is up to it will help.

As a side note, is the power off to the units and dont enter the water if there is any concern of a power line in contact with the water! Better safe than sorry if you are not sure...
  • peteboy
    Options
    Need some advice

thank you for the advice, I am waiting for the water to recede to see the damages
  • peteboy
    Options
    Need some advice

thank you for the advice, I am waiting for the water to recede to see the damages
This discussion has been closed.