Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

humming noise in new boiler

lisf
lisf Member Posts: 1
Has anyone had a humming or harmonics problems from high efficiency boilers, especially stainless steel models?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    edited May 2011
    They hummm because....

they forgot the words to the song :-)

Humming can be as simple as a fuel adjustment (got analyzers?) or it can also be because of venting considerations,

Or it can be caused due to the proximity of the upstream regulator in relationship to the appliance regulator.

Whose heating device are we talking about here? (Don't be afraid of offending any particular manufacture. Manufacturers receive equal opportunity abuse here at The Wall :-))

Or, it could be that the boiler is of a certain type of religion, and humming is part of what it does.... HMMMMmmmmmmmmmm OHHHhhmmmmmmmmm HMMMMmmmmmmmmm OHHHhhmmmmmmm.

Also, be a little more specific. Hummining on the water side or the fire side? I've had both, especially on systems with glycol in tact.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    HHHHHHmmmmmmm

"Or, it could be that the boiler is of a certain type of religion, and humming is part of what it does.... HMMMMmmmmmmmmmm OHHHhhmmmmmmmmm HMMMMmmmmmmmmm OHHHhhmmmmmmm."

Mark,

You made my day with that one. I'm still laughing.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    saw it last night...

but it was not the humming. It was the equal opportunity abuse. Even Taco (like the owner) takes it.

Happy spring, the tripod up here in Nenana, AK fell yesterday, spring is here. Oh BTW my son won it last year, 22 year old kid hits for 97 grand. All the best!
This discussion has been closed.