Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hvac accredidation/training courses help please!!!!!!!

Options
heatmiser
heatmiser Member Posts: 16
a little over three years ago i attended the nefi in watertown mass. i earned my oil burner technician certificate, and am now nora silver certified as i have been working in the field over three years. i want to further my education in the hvac field as i'm thinking about relocating, and the oil burner training is pretty much useless if someone is looking for ac technicians. who are the most recognized accrediting agencies in this field????? i want to attend a facility and earn a possible assoc degree but i want it to be from a legit school where my training will be recognized by the industry. could anyone give me some leads into the most recognized accred. agencies and some suggestions on a good tech school in maybe the nh or ma area?????would it be smarter to get a hvac cert or put in the 2 years and get the degree??? please help. i'm 42 years old, and due to the fantastic state of our economy, i want to better my education, so i'm not behind the counter when u order a coffee at dunkin doughnuts. 

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    If you are looking for a degree program

in New England then New England Tech in Warwick, RI is the answer.

Are you interested in servicing gas also or are you looking to be strictly oil and AC?

I am starting a one year nights gas training program in June at my training facility "Gas Training Institute. If you are interested e-mail me at gastc@cox.net.
This discussion has been closed.