Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus g215

John2eye
John2eye Member Posts: 6
I have a 17 yo dunkirk 5 section cast iron  oil fired boiler. my friend switched to gas and gave me a 4 y/o Buderus g215   4 section boiler with a brand new control box that mounts on top. 

Is it worth spending the money to have it installed even though my boiler is working fine. I also want to replace my 50 gal oil fired water heater with a 30 gal  indirect

Thanks

john

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    by design

The Buderus itself is more efficient by design, but to do it properly you would need to have a heat loss done of your house. You may find you could go with even a smaller system depending on upgrades done to your house since it was built (or the fact your original system was probably oversized to start).  As far as an indirect, IMHO it's a very wise choice to replace an oil fired tank and go to an indirect.  Get with a good installer and have him work with you for the best options...:)
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Logamatic Control

The Buderus Logamatic control can save 30 to 40% over a comparable boiler without it, if it's set up correctly.

I would 2nd about doing a load calc. Also, be advised that you can not down fire the Buderus, but you can up fire it as much as 10%.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.