Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utility sink with in line pump for waste drain

michael_34
michael_34 Member Posts: 304
It's not a heating question, but I want to put a utility sink in my office. The main drain is 20' away. Any ideas.

thanks,

Michael

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,159
    Check your local plumbing code

Assuming that you need to pump -- there will be requirements in there for trapping and venting the sink and the surge tank for the pump, and for sizing the lines from the pump.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    edited March 2011
    deleted...

• Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    20' away

isn't really that far.

Are you talking about a slab or basement where cutting concrete would be involved in draining by gravity?

20' away at 1/4" per foot for pitch would be 5" of pitch necessary to get it done.

Even if on a slab I bet that could be done by gravity, unless the drain goes thru the foundation wall rather than thru the floor. Then the pump would be required.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Utility sink with in line pump for waste drain

look at using a Liberty Pumps model 404 or 405

http://www.libertypumps.com/Products/Category/SubCategory/Product/?p=19&s=8&c=15
  • michael_34
    michael_34 Member Posts: 304
    edited March 2011
    20 feet away on the horizontial

I won't be cutting into the slab. I was hoping to tie into the bathroom sink drain. The utility sink is about 20 feet from there. There is no basement and there is radiant tubing in slab. No cutting.

The piping will be exposed into the room. This is the way the big boss wants it. : 0

Michael
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    But the real questions we all want to ask are,

what color will the privacy partitions be and will they be on both sides?

At least admit it!

:)

P.S. Hartell pumps get the nod and Liberty are pretty well made as well. Do not skimp on the pump, get the best you can afford.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.