Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How do you pump refrigerant into condensor for transport to another location?

Options
I bought an Armana central air system from a guy whose house was in the process of being foreclosed. Now I have to take it out of his place and move it elsewhere. I was hoping to simply pump the refrigerant into the condensor, backseat it, and then move it. Is this possible? If so, how? 

Comments

• Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PumpDown

That is what it is called.Do you have the Federal E.P.A. Certificate for refrigerants?You might need a reclaim tank,recovery pump  ,refrigerant gauge mainfold,Ampmeter,goggles/glasses and an understanding of how easy it is to kill a good compressor by trying to cram 5lbs of freon into a 3lb bag ,I mean condensor coil.Or 50lbs into a 30lb condensor/reciever. There are not many of my customers units that will PumpDown into the cond unit.Do you feel lucky?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I Would 2nd What Techman Says

Especially if it's one of the newer 13 seer units that has 1/4 in tubing in the condenser coil.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Bergy
    Bergy Member Posts: 11
    Options
    It's not a DIY job

What about the legal implications of removing property from a home in foreclosure?
  • sasman
    sasman Member Posts: 32
    Options
    stealing

i can foresee you and whom ever you bought that unit from being in a court room
  • RDSTEAM
    RDSTEAM Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2011
    Options
    a little help.

you might be able to pump some of it down. but those valves that come with the unit are not really usable valves. they may hold, they may not. if i were you, i would use any of the old gas. you never know what happened in that system. by the way, you're not legally allowed to do what you are trying to do. the only way its legal is if you were the owner of both homes.
This discussion has been closed.