Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless vs. Boiler

Options
I have a radiant heat system with a tankless water heater. It's fine when it works, but it isn't working well--keeps going off, though it has been fixed more than once. Now the installer says it's never going to work well and that I should have a boiler instead. Will a boiler work better with this system? (1400 sq ft house, three wall radiators, two baseboard radiators) Does a boiler require complex maintenance? Is a boiler dangerous? I know nothing about the technicalities of all this and have to rely completely on the company that installed the first (failing) system for information.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Boiler

A boiler is rated as a primary heating appliance thats sole job is to produce btu's to heat a home, space, structure or building. A Tankless is rated as a water heater thats sole job is to heat your domestic hot water that you take a shower with.

With that said. Your worry should be why a piece of equipment that's primary job is to make domestic hot water was used to do a boilers job. Guess your finding that out the hard way. Go with the boiler. No need to worry.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.