Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless vs. Boiler

I have a radiant heat system with a tankless water heater. It's fine when it works, but it isn't working well--keeps going off, though it has been fixed more than once. Now the installer says it's never going to work well and that I should have a boiler instead. Will a boiler work better with this system? (1400 sq ft house, three wall radiators, two baseboard radiators) Does a boiler require complex maintenance? Is a boiler dangerous? I know nothing about the technicalities of all this and have to rely completely on the company that installed the first (failing) system for information.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Boiler

A boiler is rated as a primary heating appliance thats sole job is to produce btu's to heat a home, space, structure or building. A Tankless is rated as a water heater thats sole job is to heat your domestic hot water that you take a shower with.

With that said. Your worry should be why a piece of equipment that's primary job is to make domestic hot water was used to do a boilers job. Guess your finding that out the hard way. Go with the boiler. No need to worry.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.