Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Blizzard OT

Once in a while, living in the Midwest is not for the lilly livered.  This is one of those times.  I woke up the Metal Monster ( Toro 524 ) this morning, and cleared snow all day until dusk.  Must have moved the equivalent of two dump trucks of it.  One pic is my service van, no going anywhere today.  Also, it's supposed to go down to 5 below tonight, zero tomorrow.  

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Aint We Having Fun

I'm in the Mid-Atlantic and (thank God) this one just missed us. The previous ones got us. Last winter, the snow cost us 4 weeks of lost work, not to mention the small fortune I spent to feed my cattle.

But I have no complaints. I'm doing just fine. :)
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Here in CT we have 3 - 4 feet of snow on the ground, and then got blasted with freezing rain and ice the other day. We don't expect to see grass until august!
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Feel your pain.

Here in on the coast of Maine, we have about 4 feet on the ground.  Friday, while on a no heat, I had to dig through 5 feet of snow to find the turret of an U/G LP tank to verify that the customer was out of gas.

Had a friend, from another P&H company, last week mess up his ankle wading through thigh deep snow to get to a bulkhead door.  He stepped on a concrete block.

When you ask the customers to have a path shoveled for access, they act like you just asked for their first born.

Stay thirsty my friends.
This discussion has been closed.