Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Warranty question

Simply Rad
Simply Rad Member Posts: 191
With the changing economy we have been working on a lot of time and materials agreements. What happens when it comes to warranty.  When I am in a bid agreement I provide a 2 year labor warranty with materials per manufacturer.  In a bid there I was able to factor in labor warranty When it comes to T and M though what about labor warranty.  In my eyes when we are working we are paid......what do you guys think
Jeffrey Campbell

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Depends...

Is there enough mark-up in your materials and/or your labor rates to cover warranty repairs? If not, could it be added as a separate item that the customer pays for at an additional cost?

In any case, I'd have it spelled out and agreed upon or you'll be heading for an unpleasant experience with your customer when a problem arises. He's going to assume you're providing warranty service unless you stipulate otherwise.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    warranty

check with the manufacturer of the heating equipment that you are using. I know the Triangle Tube high efficiency mod con boilers you can buy a 5 or 1 year residential or commercial parts and labor warranty through a insurance company that Triangle Tube has set up. If you attend on of their schools in New Jersey plus they have other locations you can buy the extended warranty at reduced cost. Including the 5 or 10 year parts and labor warranty in the job is a great way to close the sale and you are capping the home owners repair costs for up to 10 years. This extended warranty does not include annual maintenance costs so you still can charge them to come out once a year to test the boiler and clean it out according to the manufactures instructions. Burnham boiler company also offers 5 and 10 year parts and labor warranties. These extended warranties are also a great way to stay in contact with your customer for other work like A/C and plumbing work if you do plumbing.
This discussion has been closed.