Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

JDB after several months

Options
Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
of reading all your postings here in this forum I have come to the conclusion that you know more about the Weil-McLain Ultra with U control than most installers, instructors. I have actually referred back to a couple of your postings for some info and i pride myself on being pretty savvy on this stuff. I commend you, if every homeowner did this the work of techs would be somewhat easier.

Now I know having been in the service side of gas equipment that many techs are wary of knowledgeable homeowners (it is sort of a PRIDE thing with all of us).

It is my opinion with thee complexity of systems today that everyone who can get on board with as much knowledge as we can muster is a positive thing.

I have been frequently blessed in my classes from time to time to have homeowners sign up, they certainly bring a different flavor to the classes. The majority of them are not looking to fix their equipment but more to know what it should be doing and how to know when it is in need of professional help. I have also once had a district court judge and two lawyers in my classes, they wanted to get the language of the business down pat.
This discussion has been closed.