Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hour meter on thermostat

Options
I'm attempting to put an hour meter on my thermostats so I can see how long each zone in the house is running. I'm wiring the hour meters in series with the t-stats. When the thermostat is calling for heat, the hour meter will count, but the furnace won't kick on any more. When I remove the hour meter from the circuit the furnace returns to normal functionality. Any ideas why it won't work with the hour meter installed?

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    The meter

is a load so it can't be wired in series. Try wiring it in parallel with the load or better yet what are the instructions with the meter as to its function electrically.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    timer

I have seen them on systems with circulator zones, but not zone valves. I'm sure it can be done. Need more info
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Clock

Assuming you chose a clock with the same voltage ...Connect the line side of the clock to the load side of the thermostat circuit . The neutral side of the clock to the common / neutral side of the power source ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• mike parnell
    mike parnell Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Wired a clock to burner

I wired a old analog clock to my burner circuit  ,so that when my boiler fires the clock runs, just so that I can tell how long in a day the boiler runs, some really cold days last week it only ran 2 1/2 hours in 24 heating a 2800 sf house., radiant heated concrete floors.  dony know if that helps...
This discussion has been closed.