Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carlin 301 gas burner reviews

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
Frank or anyone else, have any of you used the Carlin gas 301 burner, appx 900 mbh. What do y'all think of it. I am looking at ordering one and wanted your take. Thanks, Tim

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Tim I have not installed any

but I was in three schools  back a couple of months ago that had three of them operating. We were there doing combustion testing. These had been specified by Carlin and sent from the factory all sized and orificed for the load.

They all performed very well with no real issues they had replaced Beckett oil burners.

There are a lot of options available on the burners and comply with CSD-1 requirements for gas train (check your local requirements)

You can have the factory set up and prewire the burner if you contact Carlin.

There two heads available "B' Head/Tube 400,000 to 700,000 and the "C" Head/Tube 550,000 to 1,100,000.

They can be used on both Natural Gas and Propane.

All three tested in the 80% to 82% range.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    nice burner

Just worked on one that was installed improperly. They failed to add a double swing barometric, which is required and did not set the gas pressure's for the btu load of the unit. Needless to say it can and did soot up very badly.

Very simple system over all and tech support was nice to deal with and they did stay on the phone till all number's they recommend were achieved.. 
This discussion has been closed.