Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB 162

Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
I have just been to a GB 162 with a fault code 1A (flue sensor). How do I know for sure if the sensor needs to be replaced, the boiler is less than 6 months old. The boiler is stone cold and it cannot be reset - 1A keeps comming back up.  Just wondered if any one had these problems.

Thanks

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Check Sensor

That is a 10k ohm sensor, meaning it sould read 10k @ 77deg. At 32deg = 30k ohms; at 200deg = 1,000 ohms. A 10% tolerance is OK.

If it shows good, follow the attached service manual. If it's bad and you have an emergency, temporarily attach a 10k ohm sensor securely to the flue pipe - there should have been at least one that came with the GB162.

Make sure you check everything according to the manual; you may have a dangerous situation that needs correcting.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Thanks Ironman

I installed a 10k slab sensor from a teckmar 509. It fits temporary with some silicone, sensor has to be ordered. Strange how sensor is shown on the exploded view of the installation manual but not on the service manual although the service manual does tell you how to test it.
This discussion has been closed.