Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

off topic gas wall oven need vented?

realolman
realolman Member Posts: 513
My father in law has a gas wall oven and the surrounding walls get pretty hot. He asked me if it shpuld have. A vent.... I don't know.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    edited January 2011
    Is it a

residential version or a commercial version? What make and model will help me to tell you if it does.
  • realolman
    edited January 2011
    thanks for your reply

Its a maytag residential. Cwg 4100 cwg4600 cwg 3600 cwg 3100 are the model numbers on the maytag user manual... I can't find it on the oven.

I found the installation manual and it does not mention a vent ... it shows where to rough in the gas  and electricity, but nothing about a vent, so I assume it doesn't need vented.

The installation manual doesn't seem to be for this model though... it seems to be a generic gas installation manual.    

Seems pretty hot around the oven on the walls.... seems to be affecting the heating thermostat
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Residential wall ovens are not required to be vented

they usually vent out the front 9into the room. Without seeing the installation it is hard to determine if it meets the required clearances from combustibles. The truth is these ovens do get hot up to sometimes 300 + degrees depending on what is being cooked.

If the heating thermostat is being affected it is easier to move the thermostat than the oven so I would suggest that.
  • realolman
    thank you

I believe it does vent out the front.... it does get hot, and I believe your suggestion re: moving the thermosts is the thing to do
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Vented kitchen oven:

Thermostats don't belong in kitchens unless the kitchen is a separate zone. It shouldn't be located where anything could effect it.
This discussion has been closed.