Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wet walls & windows in apt

I live in 6th fl apt for 2 years. during winter heating season, my windows are so wet that 1 need to change towels on windowsills 2x  a day. the walls are so wet and dripping like a steam room. the heat from radiator is normal, about 69-70^ (nice landlord !) average.  i don't keep windows open during such cold weather coz my small children. but my furniture is wet and fetting ruined & the walls are looking yellow and moldy.  this problem only started since I moved in, previous tenant didn't have it. we checked the roof & pointer, but that is okay. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM AND HOW CAN I OR LANDLORD FIX IT ?  I am the only apt in an 80 unit bldg that has this wet problem on walls. ?????????

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Broken Pipe

Sounds like a broken water or steam line.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • BillW
    BillW Member Posts: 198
    Wet Walls

Ironman mentioned a water or steam leak, very possible, and it may not be in your apartment.  Water can travel considerable distances, and leak hunting is absolutely maddening.  Other sources could be rainwater or snowmelt coming in thru the outside walls,or leaks around windows.  Please remedy this asap, or a mold issue could develop. 
  • thomasc
    thomasc Member Posts: 4
    fire wall

I have a firewall one one side of the house and a week ago encountered a big problem with it. Knowing how it is constructed, it usually sips in water so that in case a fire happens, water goes right through helping the elimination. But when it rains hard, it usually affects an electric circuit around the area.  It is built in a tube to prevent it but water stills finds a way through it.  Do you think it is enough reason to eliminate the fire wall or apply a layer of paint to gain more protection?
This discussion has been closed.