Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How's your weather?

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
We broke a record here in Denver yesterday. Hit 70 degrees at the airport, and 74 degrees F downtown.

Supposed to snow between 2 and 7"'s tonight. Ah, Fall in the Rockies. Gotta love it!

Don't hurt yourself shoveling :-)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Clif Heeney_2
    Clif Heeney_2 Member Posts: 53
    Just a Bit Whiter!

Hey Mark!

Come on over and help us shovel.  The last 10 days we have had about 48" of that white part cloudy accumulate on the ground.  The storm was so severe that it was named -- Monica to be exact.  Lots of cars and trucks stranded for hours on the road from Tallinn to Narva (east of us, border town with Russia)

How's the weather at your summer house?

Hope that you and yours have a Merry Christmas!

Clif
  • Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    Global Warming/Cooling is the cause...

8 Feet of snow already this season up in Winter Park, as opposed to 67 miles away in Denver, 74*...

Best snow that I can remember this early in a LONG time. Skiing is unbelivable according to my pack of thieves that live there. 

3* Colder in Kansas City than it was at 9000 feet in Winter Park just a few days ago...

I figured design temp @ WP of -20*, it was -13* in November already...

We still on for Dec 30th??

TTFN:

Tim
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Marianne and I drove from Louisville to Long Island yesterday

and the day before. Lots of snow in the mountains and bitter cold all the way.

Cold and windy here today.

Denver weather is schizophrenic.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,131
    Cold and wind...

about 12 outside, and windy -- not much snow -- Cedric II working happily away in the basement, and doing a very good job of keeping it comfortable in here!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Mark Eatherton
    We're on Tim....

Barring road closures :-)

ME

• Mark Eatherton
    I'll find out Friday Clif...

Going up to help my daughter winterize her newest acquisition and blow the snow out of my driveway so I can get in New Years Eve.

Stay warm my friend. I will take pictures and post them later.

ME

• Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 723
    big start to the season

Perhaps you have seen the deflated Metrodome and reports of a foot and a half of snow here in the Twin Cities.  Saturday was lots of fun digging out just to have the plow come by three times building and rebuilding the snow hedge at the end of the driveway.  I know the folks in Upstate New York laugh at amounts like this, but hey, it's still a lot of snow.  The below zero temps that followed didn't help much either.

But on the bright side, my little Knight was just humming along.

Larry
  • Clif Heeney_2
    Clif Heeney_2 Member Posts: 53
    How Close?

How close is your daughter's place to yours?  Hope that you don't need to borrow one of the snow blowers from the Eisenhower Tunnel.  One of the other posters mentioned lots of snow up in Winter Park, so it is probably in Summit County as well!  :-)

It hasn't been so cold, YET!!   Generally about -5 -15 C so far.  Hope that it stays like this.

How did you boiler set up turn out, with the bio-fuel etc?  Photos of those would be interesting.

I look forward to seeing your summer place in photos, with all the snow!

You stay warm as well my friend!

Clif
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Just got back from Minneapoils

Left Wednesday afternoon about 4:30 and made it to Wausau Wis by about 3:00AM. Crashed in the back seat of the truck. (Left the truck running because it was -13* outside). Hit the road at 8AM and drove in to the twin Cities picked up the 2 wood boilers I was after and had lunch with Martin Lunde and Jim Saufferer at Broadway pizza just west of the dome....or what's left of it.  There is a LOT of snow in Minneapolis that's for sure. Had dry roads across the UP of Mich and through Wisconsin out and back but Martin had called me and advised not to go around through Chicago. Glad I didn't as I would have been pulling 5 tons of weight through slop all the way back.

Last weekends big blow left us with about a foot of white stuff. One of my guys was snowed in so bad he didn't make it to work until the county came and scooped out his road with a payloader. The plows got stuck in it.
This discussion has been closed.