Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

red light is flashing on lwco

jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
the red light is flashing on my lwco,it is a back up to the no67 i think.gauge glass is 1/3 high.is this normal.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Where is it located on the

boiler as a back up? Is the boiler running? Try adding some water to bring the level to the middle of the gauge glass. The LWCO may then need to be reset depending on the model.
  • jonny88
    lwco

probe type lwco on the left side of boiler,on the other side is glass gauge and i think a no.67 lwco,the one with a yellow handle on the bottom to drain.this is above the tapping of the probe type lwco.i actually dumped some water out the feeder came on then the red light started to flash.i hit the reset button,then it started to flash again.i hope this makes sense to you,do you think i got to replace it,thanks for your time
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Is the heating

system still running even with the red light flashing? What is the make and model of the LWCO? How old is the system?  How old is the system?
  • jonny88
    lwco

id say 15yr old.mcdonnell miller is the make.does the red light mean it is sensing a low water condition.while it was flashing the boiler wasnt running ,then it would stop flashing,and the boiler would cycle for about 2mins,then it would all start again.weilmclein boiler.the boiler is also heating a 75 gallon hot water tank.im calling a plumber to make sure everything is ok but i just wanted to get some advice from this site first as i can see there is a lot of knowledgable people here who dont seem to mind to give advice.thankyou again for your help.i hope i make sense with what i am saying
This discussion has been closed.