Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Should Boderus G125BE be paired with a Riello Burner

Macky13
Macky13 Member Posts: 2
Is it okay to pair a Boduerus G125BE with a F5 Riello Burner and a Tekmar 260 outdoor reset control? Or is it better to use a Low-Nox Buderus BE burner and Buderus 2107 Logamatic?

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    You Must Use...

The Buderus burner that comes a part of the G125BE package. This is the only way that the boiler is certified.

I don't understand why you would be considering the Riello or any other burner than the Buderus when it's a more efficient burner. It literally burns with a blue flame.

If you want to use the Riello, then you'll have to go with a G115WS.

Also, you must be trained and certified to purchase and install the G125BE.

As far as the 2107 vs. the tekmar 260, either will provide o.d. reset, but the 2107 is more sophisticated with DHW control and expansion for solar and more.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Macky13
    Macky13 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you IRONMAN

THANK YOU IRONMAN for quick and clear reply

Macky13
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    great answer

And, you have no choice in the matter of the control. You ARE getting the 2107, it's the only way they come. And, you ARE getting the TigerLoop Ultra with spin on, and vacuum gauge.

Buderus wants to ensure this boiler gets the cleanest oil, with the lowest Hg, and wants the boiler controlled their way.

Good stuff.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441

Bob,

I believe that my rep told me a couple of weeks ago that you can now get the G125BE without the 2107. I'll ask him tomorrow and post it if I'm wrong.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    correction

The irrepressible Mr. Shaw emailed me and informed me that yes, the G125 can be had with the cold start, and the 2107 is an option. The GB has the 2107 standard.

I must have heard wrong, or forgot that when I took the certification up in NH a year and a half ago.

Can't imagine with a boiler of that caliber having a simple high limit, but, hey...:)
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Bob Bona

You're not hallucinating,It was Logamatic only with the G125BE until a few months ago
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.