Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

budaraus gb142-30

Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
 i just had to replace the 5amp ceramic fuse on my 6 month old boiler.

they give you a spare so its no bigie where i live. But i have installed a number of these units (to be fairto Buderus  with absolutely no problems). Just wondered, is this a common issue and what might have caused it? I just don't want to be getting a 3am call from customers when it is 9 degrees outside.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    edited November 2010
    Buderus Fuse

What is the total amp draw of the circulators connected directly to terminals 7 -9 (PK, PS, PZ) on the boiler's connection board? It must be less than 5 amps.

Check your circs. for shorted windings / wiring.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Just a note...

Even if your circulators are wired into a relay box, it doesn't mean that the power is not drawn from the Buderus control. The Buderus documentation for wiring into a Taco zone controller still powers the pumps from the Buderus control. There is a bit of a trick to overcome this. 

Also, I'm not sure of the origin of the Buderus name but it's one of those difficult to spell names. I am a terrible speller but I've never used this particular variation. I like it!
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    thanks

one of the unions inside the boiler had started leaking. the water ran down onto the primary circulator causing it to short out. replaced fuse and circulator, all good. boiler been running 6 months. definetly not leaking on start up. anyone else have this problem.          PS wish i could have spell check ha ha
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    The name...

During my tour of the manufacturing facilities over in Germany, we were told that the family name was originally Buder, a French name.

We were told that they were one of the original metal smelting companies that originally started out making cast iron cannon balls for all the territorial war efforts that were on going way back when, and that they were one of the first organizations to cast a stove burner/chamber assembly for burning wood for heating the castles.

These stoves could be fed from a service hallway that typically ran around the castle, so that royalty didn't have to mingle or see the fire tenders, slovenly bunch that we are.

I assume the proper pronunciation is booDAREus. Have heard variations of butterus booterus and Dirty Rotten $&%#**!!! from the guy who first attempted to clean the barnacles from inside the aluminum heat exchanger ;-) (Just kidding)

I'm fairly certain it is now pronounced Bosch (BOSH) :-)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.