Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT 110 LWCO?

adambuild
adambuild Member Posts: 414
Bidding on a TT110 in NJ. Is the included pressure-type LWCO that comes with the unit sufficient or is an additional one necessary? If indeed it is necessary, where exactly would you install it? Thanks, Adam

Comments

• It depends....

I don't think it meets commercial boiler code requirements.  You'll need to check you local geverning body.  This is something Trinangle Tube needs to work on because if you install the Lwco above the boiler in the relief valve piping, any air that collects there can cause issues.  I wish they would set up the supply piping in the boiler so that the supply could be taken off the top so any air would just run out into the system with the main water flow.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    I live in New Jersey

My old GE oil boiler had no LWCO (and no pressure relief valve). My new one has both.

The pressure relief valve is the first thing that happens going out of the boiler in the supply line. The LWCO is the last thing that goes into the boiler in the return line. That stuff is in the primary loop of the Primary-Secondary near boiler piping. It passed inspection, and the inspector did get out of his car and look at the boiler. This is residential, not commercial.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    RE: TT and low water cutoff

The press. control on boiler does not qualify here in Seattle, we put a lwco on relief pipe, install 1.25" brass tee with bushings so good clearance on probe of low water, then on top of tee we put brass tee with relief on side outlet w/ elbow and on top of tee w/ put Hoffman 79 air vent. This adds a bit to the job but it is a clean testable way to do this. Tim
This discussion has been closed.