Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

"General" Zone valve

Options
Ross_7
Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
Anyone ever heard of a General Zone valve? I ran into one a last night a friends house. Clear Plastic head on it,  3 wire similiar to a Taco.  Just curious. I have never run into one. It needs to be replaced regardless. Thanks in advance!

Ross

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Yes very similar

to a Bell and Gosset zone valve. All of the three wire zone valve work pretty much the same way with a heat motor principle. General is no longer in business to the best of my knowledge
  • Ross_7
    Options
    Yeah..

..Tim, it kind of reminded of a B&G. How long was General in business? Thanks!
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    They were

still around when I started in the business in the 1960's, not sure when they went out of business or perhaps went through a buy out. We still had them in stock at the gas company up till the early 1970's.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    zone valve

That sounds more like Brenco/Neucom. Square see thru head, powers to keep valve closed by pushing the stem downward.
  • Ross_7
    Options
    Hi Bill

.. That's right. All I could see on the label in red lettering was "General Zone Valve" , and the instructions to remove the power head.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    I think

I have a couple of those replacement heads still kickin around, just don't think I have them in the field. The "o" ring would leak for the stem, and many were replaced mainly due to that., other than that, not the worst valves that were in service, I think that would have been Edwards or a Flair z/v
This discussion has been closed.