Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

relay for primary-secondary + indirect, 120v control side

Options
lolo21
lolo21 Member Posts: 16
can anyone recomend a relay with a 120v coil? running 3 circulators: primary , secondary and indirect DHW,

thanks

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Taco SR503

Although it's not a 120 volt coil.

http://www.taco-hvac.com/uploads/FileLibrary/SR503102-083.pdf
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • lolo21
    Options
    relay wiring diagram help please

found relay honeywell R4222 DTDT, still scratching my head on how to wired the control side so the primary pump runs when theres a call for heat but also when there's a call for DHW.

primary and secondary circulator would be switched by relay, DHW indirect circulator run directly from boiler control,

thanks
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,378
    Options
    The Taco SR503...

Is what you need, not the DPDT relay. It will control the CH zone pump and the DHW pump. The boiler pump should be controlled by the boiler's control. Follow Taco's wiring diagram for your specific application. You  may need an additional relay (120v coil) if boiler has outdoor reset to over-ride this on a call for domestic. All this is in Taco's diagrams. 
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • lolo21
    Options
    taco SR 501? DHW priority through boiler control?

page 62 of the alpine manual shows the TACO as you described but shows the boiler cirulator and the DHW circulator still running from the boiler.

My boiler circulator is 2A which is the limit for the boiler control. The DHW circulator (haven't bought it yet) will probably small but still when theres a call for DHW there would be more than 2A running through the boiler control.

this system is one zone only. Can I use the SR501 to swicth the secondary and let the boiler control priority? thanks
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Don't need a Relay

If all you are running is a boiler pump (primary), system pump (secondary) and DHW pump and the Alpine has the Sage Control everything you need is right there on the boiler control. You do not need another relay.  The max allowable amps for EACH circuit (Boiler Pump, System Pump, DHW Pump) is 5amps. Page 61 Note 3. Wiring is on page 60. All your low voltage is there too...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• lolo21
    Options
    thanks but page 58 says 2 Amps????

thanks, but on page 58 the first line says:

"Maximum circulator current draw is 2A...."

I have also figured out that using two DPST I could run the primary pump conecting it to both relays second set of contacts

thanks a lot
  • lolo21
    Options
    Alpine: anyone install recently??

printed manual n boiler differ from online manual

boiler does not have TB1 as on online manual.

Manual says red wire for indirect and blue for circularor; but there's actually a light blue and dark blue unmarked.

I imagine one is for primary and one for secondary, but no info on printed manual. It is also unclear if 2A is max for each circulator or all of them.

I have email burnham and waiting for their response but if anyone knows about it please reply, thanks
  • CMadatMe
    Options
    Sage Control or old MCBA Board

Which Alpine do you guys actually have on the job. The boiler with the old MCBA board or the SAGE Control?

• CMadatMe
    Options
    You should be using

Figure 36 for your wiring. You don't need the relay.

This discussion has been closed.