Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lost my main role model

The mechanical contracting industry lost a true leader today. Warren "Butch" Kontny (my older brother age 63) lost his battle to multiple myleoma. Butch took a two man shop in the late 60's and turned it into a 65 man mechanical firm in 5 years. He founded Tri- State Mechanical in Ashland , WI. in 1978 and turned it into northern Wisconsin's largest merit shop.

In 1980 he decided to seek warmer climes and went to Florida where he started Q&Q Mechanical,after 30 years he sold the firm to his son. Butch was a past president of Florida's PHCC and chaired an annual game feed for the Lakeland Rotary Club.

Butch did strictly bid spec and design work and was known for doing things the old fashion way (he earned it)

Thanks Butch for all you did for me and for so many others you will be missed but not forgotten!

With saddened heart,

Rich Kontny

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Sorry for your loss Rich...

Our thoughts are with you and yours in your time of sorrow.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,506
    Well said, Rich.

You did him proud, as a friend and as a brother. Sorry for our loss.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Rich,

No words can take away the sting. So sorry for your loss. He obviously meant the world to you and judging by the number of jobs he created, the number of families that translates to.

His standards and conduct will live on in you and others he taught. A good life, but at 63, way, way too short.  Our thoughts are with you and your family.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,611
    Rich are prayers

are with you in this time of loss. May the Lord comfort you and your family.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Thanks

It means alot guys some things just don't make sense yet we have to go on. His suffering is over that is comforting.

Rich Kontny
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    condolence

My  condolence for you loss Rich. We have all been there, and it aint easy
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Prayers

Rich, Please accept my condolences and know that you’re in my prayers.
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
This discussion has been closed.