Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Piping and wiring Qs about the Peerless Purefire

Options
Ron Jr._3
Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
Anyone install these on a regular basis ? Have a few question on how to pipe and wire 2 radiant zones to existing pipework on this specific boiler . Already has an indirect and 3 baseboard zones .

Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Same

as any other P/S setup. Are both radiant zones going to be the same temp?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    Options
    Same temp

for both radiant zones .

This was more a wiring question than piping . The internal control has the capacity to run a general pump ( for the boiler ) , a DHW pump and a CH pump ( for the heating zones ) . Since the radiant needs it's own pump , you can't control the CH pump normally anymore and you lose some advanced functions . I guess a RIB relay tied into a single zone relay for the radiant might work . Gotta think about that .......

Does the I series Taco zone valve work downstream of a pump ? Can it work on just water temp ? With a mix valve that can be piped after a circ you could do different temperature zones on one pump, theoretically  .......................... 
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I- valve

You have to pull through it
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.