Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Options
Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
Jim Davis posted some infor in the "Carbon Monoxide" Section. I thought I would add this infor from George Kerr of CO Experts on LOW Level CO Detectors.

Everyone in the GAS Detection Industry, and EVERYONE who knows anything about CHRONIC LOW LEVEL CO POISONING, needs to contact CPSC and then CALL, FAX & Email your Senators OVER & OVER AGAIN TO KILL THIS BILL, House Bill 1796.

This was a REAL under the covers deal & a “RAM” it through in the usual bi-year  “RUSH” for every House Representative to get home to start Campaigning for re-election.              

PLEASE READ & ACT ! ! !    

THE FINAL SENTENCE of the H.R. 1795 should be a VERY STRONG WARNING to ALL manufacturers  of PORTABLE Gas Detection Meters / Monitors of ALL TYPES.

UL is TRYING TO TAKE OVER CONTROL OF EVERYTHING. Now it is the Gas Detection & Green Industries, WHO and WHAT is next ?

Keep in mind that UL is a “NON-PROFIT” , whose President has long had a larger Salary than the President of the USA.

And what do YOU think this play on words means:

installation of such detectors in homes, and for other purposes.

Only ONE C O Monitor is MADE in AMERICA !

1.    KIDDE C O alarms are 100% made in CHINA.

2.    First Alerts, electronics made in CHINA, assembled in Mexico.

3.    PRO-Tech / S-Tech, electronics made in CHINA, assembled in Canada.

ONLY C O – Experts is :

Made in America, by Americans, C O 0 Experts is  

Your C O Warning Solution in EVERY  HOME.      

It is TIME for ALL AMERICANS to stop buying FOREIGN MADE, retail grade C O alarms that actually TELL YOU in their Owner’s Manual and or their packaging that they provide very limited C O protection for many of the people who are living in the homes you service and NO, ZERO, Protection from Chronic Low Level C O Poisoning.

When you want to KNOW THE TRUTH about any product, you can NOT depend on what the Salesperson, the TV, other advertising, or even the brochure tells you, … you can depend ONLY on what the product manufacturer tells you in the OWNER’S MANUAL. Please NOTE the INTRO  #1 to 4.

SEE: <a href="http://www.coexperts.com/New%20Introduction.htm">[u][color=#0000ff]http://www.coexperts.com/New%20Introduction.htm[/color][/u]</a>

------------------   

Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:22 AM

To: 'dswitzer@cpsc.gov'

Subject: URGENT HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS _ House Bill H.R. 1796

TO: dswitzer@cpsc.govv

August 03, 2010

Dear Don:

I do not understand how anyone interested in True Consumer Protection could adopt the UL-2034 Levels of audible alarm Warnings of the presence C O, at the TOTAL EXCLUSION of C O protection product that DO truly protect all of the millions of Americans EXCLUDED from urgently needed protection. Intentionally and admittedly are NOT provided by UL-2034 C O alarms.

Such a decision would be especially troubling in view of all of the recent Medical Studies documenting the extremely harmful effects of Low Level COHb in the unborn, the newborn and our children involving among other problems the huge increase in asthma in our young. Add to this the millions of older Americans who daily experience increased suffering due to OXIDATIVE STRESS created by any increase in the reduction of oxygen caused by elevated CIHb.

SEE: <a href="http://www.coexperts.com/miracle.htm">[u][color=#0000ff]http://www.coexperts.com/miracle.htm[/color][/u]</a>

READ CAREFULLY the "Disclaimers" on UL-2034 Listed C O alarms:

A Kidde-Nighthawk Model #KN-COPP-3 says: "Pregnant women, infants, children, senior citizens, persons with heart or respiratory problems and smokers may experience symptoms at lower levels of exposure than noted. Individuals with medical problems may consider using warning devices which provide audible and visual signals for carbon monoxide concentrations under 30 ppm."

PRO-TECH and their parent company S-Tech,  as well as the UNIVERSAL MODEL CD-9000  also say: “Individuals with medical problems may consider using warning devices which provide audible and visual signals for carbon monoxide concentrations under 30 ppm”.   

The DICON / American Sensors Model 850E states the above and adds the words "using more sensitive detection devices which provides audible and visual signals for concentrations under 30 ppm."

The UNIVERSAL MODEL CD-9000 Warns:  "Individuals with medical conditions may consider using warning devices which provide audible and visual signals for carbon monoxide concentrations under 30 ppm."

All other UL / CSA Listed CO alarms have similar WARNINGS.

Don, you and I have been trying to work with UL since DAY ONE of the Residential C O detector / alarm era to IMPROVE Consumer Protection and I have repeatedly tried in vain to get UL to LOWER its  “MUST ALARM” level/ However, here we are now in year 16 of UL-2034 and they have only lowered the level one time, in 1998 from 100 PPM to 70 PPM, AFTER 4 HOURS. Since ANSI only requires Standard “Improvements” once every SIX, [ 6 ], years and UL continues to “Cave0In” to the manufacturers that always resist changes, we are not likely to live to see lower alarm levels enacted by UL-2034.

CPSC MUST make a provision under ANY NEW RULING to Protect the millions of our Citizens that desperately need Protection from C O at levels UNDER 30 PPM.

THE FINAL SENTENCE of the H.R. 1795 should be a VERY STRONG WARNING to ALL manufacturers  of PORTABLE Gas Detection Meters / Monitors of ALL TYPES.

UL is TRYING TO TAKE OVER CONTROL OF EVERYTHING. Now it is the Gas Detection & Green Industries, WHO and WHAT is next ?

Keep in mind that UL is a “NON-PROFIT” , whose President has long had a larger Salary than the President of the USA.

And what do YOU think this play on words means:

installation of such detectors in homes, and for other purposes.

Dedicated to Health & Life Safety,

George E.  Kerr, President / Founder,

C O – Experts

gekerr@tds.net

<a href="http://www.coexperts.com/">[u][color=#0000ff]www.coexperts.com[/color][/u]</a>

------------------   

July 30, 2010

Dear Don:

If House Bill HR 1796 had been the “Law of the Land” back in 1994 when I first started the Introduction of the Electrochemical Sensor into the Residential C O  detection marketplace and working with AGA & CSA to develop the I.A.S.-6.96 Standard, all C O alarms  would likely still be MOS & Color-metric sensors resulting in millions of “FALSE Alarms and even more non-functioning C O alarms hanging on the walls of our homes throughout the Nation.

Furthermore, as noted in the attachment, I presently produce the ONLY residential C O detection product, Made in America, by Americans, and our MIS0INFORMED Representatives want to put me out of business and KILL the most progressive C O product development team in the Industry.

This action by UL is ABSOLUTELY RESTRAINT of TRADE, and once again displays the GREED of UL and the C O detection Industry, not Consumer Protection.

I WELCOME the opportunity to do SAME TIME, SIDE by SIDE C O TESTING with every UL / ANSI LISTED C O alarm

On the market for accuracy and  repeatability; as well as far greater degree of consumer protection for EVERY person in EVERY home, ….. not just the YOUNG, HEALTHY ADULTS.

A Lifetime Dedicated to Health & Life Safety,

George E. Kerr, President / Founder

C O – Experts

gekerr@tds.net

<a href="http://www.coexperts.com/">[u][color=#0000ff]www.coexperts.com[/color][/u]</a>  

This discussion has been closed.