Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Government Passing Law Making Low Level CO Monitors Unlawful

Options
In aon effort to protect consumers, the House has already approved a new CO detector bill mandating CO detectors in all home.  However, thanks to UL and UL Alarm manufacturers only alarms that meet the UL Standard 2034 will be allowed.  Thered is no equal or better at this time.  It also sounds like they will have to be hard-wired.  The Bill is HR 1796.

We need everyone to send an E-mail to their Senators and to dswitzer at cpsc dot com immediately with their concerns.  If not anyone that is young, old or has pre-existing illnesses have no true protection.

This certainly is a Bill that is restraint of trade and innovation.

It has been certainly verified that a high percentage of UL Alarms right off the shelf of store are defective. 

What should be a good thing could become a real disaster.  Please your customers need your help.

I would be happy as could be if more manufacturers made Low Level CO monitors, if not all. 

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    If you need your reps email address...

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Thanks for the update Jim. Maybe you could write a simple sample letter spelling out the deficiencies that people could copy and send to their appropriate representatives.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    See my posting on the Main "WALL" section

some information from George Kerr who manufactures the CO Expert low level CO Detector.

I would suggest contacting your representatives on this one this is definitely unfair, just another case of government interfering in places it should leave alone.
This discussion has been closed.