Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What are my options if gas is in the building?

Do I stay with oil or go for the rebates on gas? Thinking about a tt prestige exellence, or weil cgi, or weil wgo oil w/ tankless.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    gas would be ...

convenient. What type of emitters are there? Cast iron rads? Finn tube? If cast the Gas condensing boiler would be  a plus.  Start w/ a heatloss and then you can see if there needs to be 2 boilers or if 1 would work. Also if the radiation is "over sized"... a plus for gas condensing..... If the chimney is as old as the boiler(s) pretty good chance that it is either not good or it needs to be lined. A direct vent would save you that cost.... kpc
  • AL the Plumbah
    AL the Plumbah Member Posts: 11
    cast iron rads...

Cast iron rads. Your right about the chimney, I want to avoid it. Do you have any sugesstions to name brands? 65,000 btus but need hot water so I was hinking a 45 gallon superstor.

• 1 or 2 zones and metering

If these are for seperate units and you want seperate billing for each unit, you could put in a single boiler with zone controls and install btu meters on each unit (and maybe hot water) to divide up the fuel usage.

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    there are a bunch...

Personally I would Look @ the ONEX by Embassy... and the Triangle tube products. (solo and Excellence)
This discussion has been closed.