Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Burnam boiler intermittently not starting
I have a Burnam boiler that intermittently doesn't fully start. It is equipped with an electronic spark ignition for lighting the pilot. I'll randomly notice a zone is calling for heat and a circulator is just running pumping cold water. If I power cycle it one or two times, it usually starts back up fine. When it doesn't start up on the first try, this is what I see....
1. Damper opens
2. 24V comes on between PV and PV/MV and 14V between MV and PV/MV
3. Sparking starts and pilot lights
4. Sparking stops and pilot remains lit.
5. MV and PV/MV stays at 14V. Main gas does not turn on
6. About 5 seconds later, you hear a click and the pilot goes out.
7. Circulator keeps pumping and burner doesn't ever try to relight.
When it lights successfully, MV to PV/MV in step 5 above goes to 24V and the main gas comes on successfully.
Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be here?
If it's important, the gas valve is a Honeywell VR204C6000 and the ignition module is a Honeywell S8610M.