Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


Maynard Member Posts: 74
Just Purchased A Dwyer Flex Tube Manometer. Being An Old Oil Tech Who Is Breaking into The Gas End...How Do I Connect the Manometer To The Gas Valve?

Do I Need To Buy Adapter Hoses And Connectors?



  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,628
    edited March 2010
    Most modern gas

    valves have an inlet and outlet pressure tap. They can be removed with an allen wrench. Then a nipple screwed into the location where the plug was removed will allow you to connect hose to the 1/4" pipe nipple you inserted. Hoses used on fish tanks are the cheapest way to go, or another option a little more expensive is a surgical rubber hose.

    Earlier versions of gas valves have only a outlet pressure tap for checking outlet pressure. Those to get inlet pressure we use the tee just before the gas valve and a 1/2" or 3/4" bushing to 1/4" will suffice.

    Still older systems had a plug in the gas manifold after the gas valve for outlet pressure and again the tee before the gas valve for inlet pressure.

    I have some manuals that will be very helpful to you breaking into the gas side. Contact me at gastc@cox.net
  • sasman
    sasman Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2010
    flex tube

    is that a slack tube?

    it'll be hard to check draft inducers and psi switches

    get some surgical tubing for hoses

    go to auto parts store and get some vacuum tees.....you'll need them for differential testing and multi-stage gas valves
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,628
    You can also get

    plastic "T's" from aquarium stores.

    For testing pressures switches and other devices with inches water column measurements down below say 1.5" WC a good digital gauge is a better way to go or a Dwyer Slant Gauge.
This discussion has been closed.