Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sheet Metal License

toilburn
toilburn Member Posts: 44
Does anyone know if Massachusetts passed the Sheet Metal License law?

Comments

• tim_20
    tim_20 Member Posts: 41
    yes it has

They did pass the license and the applications are on web site can be grandfathered up until 1 year. if you google mass sheet metal license it will bring up the mass site for the applications i belive first time is 155.00 for the application. hope this helps.massachusetts politics and money grabbing at its best.

TY
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Yes, Yes

and do not hesitate to apply for the grandfathered license even if you do not think you are qualified fill out the paper work as it can affect future work for everyone who does plumbing, fitting etc.

This was put forth at a meeting I attended last night put on by two state inspectors.

It is also a good idea to get up to snuff about CEU's and the rules pertaining to those.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    I forgot to mention

that if you do any job site temporary hook up using propane for construction heaters they are going to be clamping down on the permit process and site inspections along with Limited LP installers license.

That is different than the new LP installers license that went into affect September 2009.

Mass is going to license us out of existence
This discussion has been closed.