Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Message from Johnny White

Options
John White
John White Member Posts: 120
As you know, I follow The Wall on a regular basis, (this is the most valuable forum for manufacturers I know of) and enjoy participating in issues pertaining to Taco. I have carefully followed the comments in the last two months regarding the 00-VDT, our variable speed Delta T circulator, and I want to communicate the following:

We introduced this product into the market in 2004. Since then literally thousands have been installed with positive results. In December, we began hearing of various issues on The Wall. We have tried in specific cases to correct these issues. Obviously, some of you are not satisfied as of yet. Our objective is to ultimately have products that meet everyone's expectations.

Understand clearly, that it is MY committment that Taco pay very close attention to every situation brought to our attention, as you, the installer and customer, are our greatest source of knowledge to perpetuate improvement. Through situations such as have been brought forth here, we are able to understand successes as well as problems with applications and are therefore able to support you so that you may be successful while using Taco products.

Taco (by the way this year is our 90th anniversary), is a great company. We manufacture products in America, sustaining 500 American jobs. It has been supported by great American customers, like yourselves. It is together that we are able to succeed. As we move along we need to recognize when things are going well, and perhaps more importantly, when there are issues that need to be further understood and corrected for broader application success.

I not only appreciate, but somehow expect your criticism, which I view, when constructive, as an attempt to help. On the VDT issue, as with any issue, you must be assured that you have my total attention. I will continue to communicate with you through this forum on this issue. I thank you deeply for your input.

Johnny White

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    From time to time, someone will post how manufacturers are afraid to post here.

But the manufacturers who believe in what they're doing, and more importantly, are willing to listen to their customers, well, these folks aren't afraid to post here. And I admire them.

Thanks, Johnny.
    Retired and loving it.
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Options
    A class act!

As always Johnny a class act,  Your responce was perfect and appriciated !

I for one want to thank you for your constant eye on the wall !

David

aka DrPepper
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    I can assure you all

that Taco will resolve this issue with their pump. As one who has been involved with Taco since the 1960's I have found them and their owner to always standby their product and typically quickly resolve product issues.

As one who lives right here in Rhode Island I have from time to time carried a product right to their door and found immediate help.

Hang in there everyone this too will pass.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,230
    Options
    It's not like me.....

....to be devoted to a single manufacturer for anything.

But I use and trust Taco for any application for which they provide a product.

Quality and customer support have never been an issue and that's what counts to me in the field.

Thanks for following up with this, Mr. White.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Coany
    Coany Member Posts: 91
    Options
    My favorite Taco part

HAFC201-1  Hydro air fan control relay.

this is a wonderful relay that has worked so well , so often, for me.

Thank you for supplying it to me and my customers.

Its fixes every screwed up hydro air blower issue so well.

easy to use and wire, has proved itself to be reliable as hell.

I can't say enough good things about it

everybody should have one on their truck.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Happy 90th Anniversary!

I don't know of any other CEO so in touch with the end users of his products  and so willing to tackle a tough situation head on in public! Speaks volumes about Taco and their people and  products! Kudos Mr White!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Re: Message from Johnny White

Your post and response to this situation does not surprise me at all. You’re a good man, John and I’m proud to call you a friend. Bless you my friend.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.