Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where the hell is Brad White?

Options
Ross_7
Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
Where the hell is Brad White?

Thanks in advance!

Ross

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    Options
    Among others...

Brad White, Mad Dog, Constantine, Weezbo, and others I cannot think of their name off hand... Anyone have any updates?

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Options
    Yes.. exactly..

All of those guys used to be on here. Did something tick them off? Maybe we should have a Wallie family reunion? :-) I miss their posts!
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Busy as all get out...

... but thank you for thinking of me. Putting in a lot of time at work, plus I did manage to sneak in a week of vacation... including a dear friends' wedding no less. Dancing did not end until 6AM, the second dinner was served at 5AM, etc. A smashing success. But not much time for the wall in general - time with little one is precious, time with wife is important too.

Inspired by the AHRI show (two days was enough to scratch the surface), will be doing some upgrades this spring in the boiler room. Variable-speed circulators, mod-con boiler, etc. Plus, reducing the control systems from two to one (I hope) if the Signaturestat can handle a boiler independently of an AC system. For some amusement, see my latest project pictures and narrative on oiltechtalk... will post more pics as the stuff is installed and tested.

Anyhow, coming back to the topic on hand, can't speak for Brad or the others you mentioned. Haven't seen or heard of him in a while, tried contacting him several times for a contractor. Hope he and Weezbo, their loved ones, etc. are well.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options
    I think

I saw them at a McDonald's with Elvis :)
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yakked with Brad last week

We ran into each other via Linkedin by chance. He says he is doing well,  staying busy and the Vitodens is performing flawlessly. His visits here are very few due to a number of things.

Perry is another guy I miss along with some of the factory people that used to hang out here and enlighten us with their inside knowledge of industry and product.
  • Thanks for the Update

Thanks for the update on Brad White. I'm glad to to hear he is doing okay. I miss both him and Peery as I learned a lot from their input in the technical discussions.  Brad also has a great sense of humor which gave me a good laugh many a time.  Please pass on best regards from myself and I'm sure from a lot of the other "Wallies".

- Rod
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Update

Emailed back and forth with Brad the other day. He and the lovely Susan are doing fine. They are selling their old house and are really busy, he said he lurks once a month or so but hasn't posted.

I speak with Mark Hunt every couple of days and he's the National Technical Trainer for WILO and is on the road non-stop. In fact he's in Pittsburgh this morning. Yes, the Wall has changed and a lot of the "legends" have moved on. It's different, not better, not worse...

Rick
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Some of us

are still hanging around. The Wall has become a quiet place in recent years. Not much debate or controversy, hey maybe that is a good thing.

It is still a great place to lurk and learn. I am sure all of those "old timers" would tell you that they came, contributed, learned and perhaps moved on to do a better job.

As for the manufacturers some of them took a beating here at times and that does not always sit well with upper management in those companies so they lurk but do not post.
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And that is a shame....

I miss those guys and gals. I picked up countless bits of info on things I hadn't even run into at the time (but have since) and the info picked up from them helped me through those problems. 

I wish that they were still here.  I also understand that some of them got raked over the coals, deservedly or not, and they have chosen not to participate at this point. I would sincerely ask them to come back.

I have been known to screw up a time or two myself and you just have to deal with it honestly and forthrightly with your head held high. Take your lumps and learn from mistakes. Treat people right and the damage will be limited. Sweep things under the rug and there will be the devil to pay in the end.

In the same way, I know that some visitors here got carried away with baiting and bashing a given manufacturer over a problem they had with a product. They proceeded to use this very public forum to air all the dirty laundry they could find and rub the offending party's nose in it a deeply as possible.  I think we always tried to be a family here and families don't take their fights out into public. At least mine doesn't. It's not respectful and it's not right. You have to work within the bounds of decency and respect toward everyone, even those who you may feel have wronged you. 

Old timers here will remember me telling of a job I took a $50K bath on due to shenanigans by a general contractor.  Guess what......that guy called me up last week saying he had a busted water heater, a shoulder that just underwent surgery and no money to pay me with.  I went and helped him out anyway.  Life is too short to get your shorts in a knot about many things that we let get under our skin.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Steve, I too

miss the exchange that once took place as I am sure Dan does also. He has always been a gracious host and has tried to be fair in his handling of things here,

I still keep communication open with many of the manufacturers by e-mail and it gets a little cumbersome sometimes fielding a problem here that they would have quickly chimed in on in the past. Now I have to cut and paste and send it to them by e-mail and then give the inquiring party here on the wall their answer, really sort of dumb I think.

My answer to all this is we are all in this together, take your lumps and move on and let love for what you do and love for those you do it with be your motivation to show up every day for the days events good-bad or indifferent!

A perfect example is John White from Taco, he is not afraid to come on this venue and open himself and his company up for criticism. That is what I call a class act and it will always pay off in the end.
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Trouble is...

... we can't expect Dan to be everywhere at once, monitoring every thread for bad behavior. It's nice enough of him to offer this playbox to muck around in and exchange thoughts.

Perhaps if the new system requiring logins would have happened sooner, the great number of anonymous  or fake submissions that drove away a lot of people away would not have happened. Some people have a lot of time on their hands, enjoy spreading misinformation and/or "stirring the pot", especially with anonymity. So that is why I think Dan put the big reference re: the rules of the house front and center as you enter the forum site. Perhaps some of the luminaries will come back...

Participating in these sorts of debates is risky for a manufacturer. The legal eagles will always say no to written participation since it could come back to haunt the company. It's also hard for a newcomer to see who is considered a trusted resource and who is crank. Some sites like Slashdot give karma bonuses, etc. based on collective review / votes of answers. However, participating is usually better IMO than sitting on the sidelines and not following up on real concerns by good people (i.e. your customers).
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Options
    Brad

FACEBOOK
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Options
    Brad

FACEBOOK
This discussion has been closed.