Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Rinnai Condensing as back-up for off-peak system

Options
EricAune
EricAune Member Posts: 432
Here are some pics from a system I just started this last week.  Its has electric as the main heat source and new Rinnai (LP) condensing unit for back-up and DHW.  This is a lake home in north central MN. 

The owner installed the tubing in the basement and garage slabs, I will be doing the staple-up for the main level and climate panel for the loft and bonus over garage later this spring.  We will be adding an array of SolarSkies collectors with a pressurized drainback system this summer. 

This is also one of the new Marathon thermal storage tanks, haven't used one yet.  Utilizing the iSeries mixing valve (odr) out of the tank for reset.  Setting the Thermolec at 160*F (twenty-five over design)  with no outdoor sensor, the Rinnai will utilize odr as it is a back-up and will benefit at lower temps.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Interested in

how the set-up on the Rinnai has gone for you. Many programming options. Are you using the concentric poly-prop vent?
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Yet to set-up

Haven't done the set-up yet, this job is about two hours north of me so it will be a drawn out project.  Its for a lake home that has been under construction for about a year already.  Should be another week or so. 

The venting will be two pipe solid core PVC.  Still not a fan of the manufactures vent system.  I have had some issues with the inner exhaust tube (fitment & coming loose).  Also not a fan of the pricing.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.