Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One circulator on wood boiler pumping,makes another one spin

Just wondering ,just hooked up a indoor  wood boiler to my existing system,the main circulator on the wood boiler pumps at 130 degrees,the circulator on the oil boiler is set for pumping away,but is also getting pushed from the first circulator,causing it to spin,wondering if it spining might cause it to wear out prematurely, any thoughts or ideas.....thanks

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,140
    Working off general principles here

and not having access to the exact pumps etc. -- but it is possible that you could get some premature seal wear.  Some pumps -- not all -- depend on differential pressures inside the pump to lubricate the seals, and it seems to me that you might have a problem if the pump isn't generating the proper pressures.

But I don't really know.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • mike parnell
    mike parnell Member Posts: 42
    circulator spinning

both pumps are TACO 007s,just thinking that the one thats spinning might not be centered in its housing,without being turned on. seems to sometimes rattle a bit.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,827
    piped in series?

maybe a Primary Secondary or HydroSeparator would solve this and the potential to flow through an un-fired boiler?

Hard to say without seeing a drawing or picture.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.