Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

contractor needed

diyluvr
diyluvr Member Posts: 5
How do I find a good contractor to work on my 1930s hot water radiator system? I checked this site an nobody is listed in my city.

Comments

• Tell us

where you live.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,140
    and if you use

try searching by state, rather than zip -- sometimes works better.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Once again,

I'm amazed that more contractors don't get listed. It's just a dollar a day and you get to pick how many days. The customers are here looking for you. It's good for you, and it's good for this site.
    Retired and loving it.
  • diyluvr
    I live in cincinnati Ohio

i guess I am wonderign if any heating contractor can help or do I need a plumber. Do some contractors specialize and should I ask specific questions?

thanks again
  • diyluvr
    I live in cincinnati Ohio

i guess I am wonderign if any heating contractor can help or do I need a plumber. Do some contractors specialize and should I ask specific questions?

thanks again
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 24,140
    So...

what is it you need help doing?  Can't really tell if you need a plumber or a heating contractor -- but I would suggest that a heating contractor, if he knows hot water heat, is going to be a better bet than a plumber... (not to disparage plumbers, guys -- just a question of what do you specialize in!)
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Brian_74
    Brian_74 Member Posts: 237
    I think it's a well-kept secret

I live near Cincinnati, and I couldn't find anyone either. If I needed someone, I'd be tempted to try these folks: http://www.steamsystems.com/

I bought my traps from them and I believe they have repair people.

(I hope this is okay for me to mention. I have no connection with this company beyond one purchase. I did mention this site to one employee but he's not there anymore)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• diyluvr
    add radiant floor heat or increase size of radiatror

When the previous owner redid the kitchen they eliminated one of the radiators. Thsi room is now very cold. I came into some funds and thought we would add radiant floor heat if practical or if not, at least get a larger radiator. I am alos in need of a new water heater and would like to get an indirect tank to replace the existing independent one.

THanks,
This discussion has been closed.