Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Locating tubing in concrete

Options
robertm
robertm Member Posts: 1
Would like to add macerating toilet in basement. Is there any reliable method of locating tubing so that we can bolt toilet to floor ?

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Thermography

Sure. Find someone who has an infra-red digital camera. They work very well to locate tubing quickly. Home inspection companies seem to offer the device, as well as certain leak detection companies. 
  • jeff_25
    jeff_25 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    finding tube

let zone get cold then turn on the zone on mop the floor with lit water the floor will dry were the tube is
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Infra red

Thermometer will get you pretty close for 50 bucks. Thats how I found all my tubing in my radiant ceiling.  I wanted to install electrical for some ceiling lights. Worked like a charm.

Gordy
  • mor
    mor Member Posts: 42
    Options
    back of your hand

This low tech method is very effective.
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Options
    Stay in the top half of concrete?

If you are dealing with a 4" concrete floor i would guess you would be safe if you were to use something like a 1/4" or 3/8" drop-in anchor.  drilling depth should only be about a 1 1/4" or so.  The tubing is likely to be more than two inches down.

(This would be true if the tubing were either tied to mesh or stapled to insulation, I am not sure how yours was installed)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.