Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Manifold Question

Options
Kungur
Kungur Member Posts: 49
As I have been reading diferent websites about manifold I came across one that suggested using a "Parallel Header" as an extended manifold. Basically the idea is to run 2 copper pipes perpendicular to the pex tubing(this is in a staple up under the subfloor sit) and then make your connection at this poit after reaching the maximum length of your loop. The idea is to "save" running the pex all the way back to a manifold. This would increase the usable loop length. The copper header would be insulated both supply and return.

So is there any merit to this idea? Any downsides?

Thanks

I am really appreciating this site!<span style="font-size:12pt"><span style="font-size:12pt">

<span style="font-size:12pt"><span style="font-size:12pt">.</span></span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:12pt"><span style="font-size:12pt">.</span></span>

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Advantage and disadvantages of long running manifolds.

Advantage = Inexpensive, easy way to do method of manifolding. Works great provided all loops are exactly the same length.

Disadvantages: Must some how be concealed if ceiling is to be finished. May require ball valves on each branch circuit to aid in purging if all loops are not exactly the same length. Each soldered joint represents a potential leak.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.