Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Previous problem with Carbon....

Dee
Dee Member Posts: 51
Hi All,

I'm am writing to let everyone know that my problem is NOT A PROBLEM ANYMORE!!!!!

Several years ago I wrote about a Carbon problem in our home for more than 10 yrs. It was huge quantities of carbon and it was everywhere (even in packed away boxes & bags). Anyway, I got lots of different advice (unfortunately none of which worked). We had been dropped from our insurance and spent thousands of dollars ourselves trying to get the problem solved. We were at our wits end with this house.

LONG STORY SHORT.....After about a hundred or more emails I got an email from Jim Davis and he gave me some information about an Oxidizer. He put us in contact with someone in my area (Campbell Comfort) and we had it installed. We figured we'd take the chance with this last thing as Bill Campbell GUARANTEED IT or he would give us ALL our money back after a year if it didn't work. I have to tell you we were both skeptical about it working. After a year we saw NO MORE CARBON, NOT A DROP!!!! That in itself was miraculous because we had it in every room of the house.

The Oxidizer with make up air was installed on April 24, 2006. Since this time we've seen NOT ONE SPECK OF CARBON. OMG if everyone only knew how bad this problem was and how much of it we had. You'd have to see it to have believed it.

Bill Campbell was WONDERFUL and honest.

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">THIS WALL WAS OUR SALVATION!!!!  We can never, ever thank Jim Davis & all of you enough for just taking the time to offer suggestions to help. </span></strong>

Thank you and God Bless,

Dee

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    The Oxidizer removed the carbon, but

what was the actual source of the Carbon? I am sure if Jim recommended this he had discovered the cause? I am not disputing the solution just curious as to the cause. I remember this posting from back a few years so thank you for a followup. We often do not hear the end cure for some of these problems.
  • Dee
    McElwain

We honestly never found the problem, but at this point and after all the money we've spent the problem is now gone.  I don't think anyone will ever know. The Oxidizer has cured whatever the problem was, and for that we are thankful.

This April 24th will be 4 years our house is CLEAN AND CARBON FREE!!! THANK GOD!
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    That's good to hear!

I was just wondering about the outcome of this issue a little while ago. I read all the posts in that thread with great interest.

Nice to know you finally got some relief!

What exactly is this oxidizer that you are using?

Jim

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Dee
    That's Good To Hear.......

Hi Jim,

I went to pull out the bill for the Oxidizer and it says.........

Os Oxidizer installed in supply pledum.........(I am not sure that is correct as I can't make out this word)

Skuttle makeup air system tied into return.

That is how the bill reads.

After more than 10 yrs or so with black carbon everywhere.......these last almost 6 yrs have been a blessing....

Dee
This discussion has been closed.