Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to set Pressuretrol

Options
Question on pressuretrol settings:  New Burnham Independence steam boiler in my son's apartment has pressuretrol with subtractive differential.  If the cut-out pressure is set to 1 psi.  What should the differential setting be?  My instinct tells me 0.5psi, but the scales does not seem to have a scale close to this level.  Honeywell L404F1367

Steve Garson

Boston
Steve from Denver, CO

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,289
    Options
    Have to admit

that I haven't looked at that particular pressuretrol -- but it is quite possible that it doesn't go that low.  What is the smallest differential you can set?  If you can set the main to almost anything below 2, and then a small differential, that should get you started.  If you are running vapour, you should be using a vaporstat anyway... just because of this problem.  The real trick with a pressuretrol is to to set it basically as low as you can, and then just make sure that as the pressure drops with the thermostat still calling that the burner will come back on.  If it doesn't, you will need to dial up the cutout until it does...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
This discussion has been closed.