Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

blower speed adjustment

Hi All,

I'm trying to adjust the blower speed for the fan setting on a early 2000's tempstar furnace.  It has a 2 stage blower and 3? speed fan.  (super low on fan setting, low and high in heating mode)

can any one assist me in upping the blower speed in the fan setting?

Please help a wethead who's trying to understand furnaces.

This is for a solar heating integration.

thanks

Karl

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    In the blower compartment

there will be a circuit board it is either an Electronic Fan Timer or an Integrated Furnace Control. You will need the make and model of the board and get back to me with those. There are dip switches on the board for setting up fan settings, the I and O manual should have the settings info or the spec sheet for the circuit board.
  • Karl_Northwind
    Karl_Northwind Member Posts: 139
    furnace model

the furnace is a > T9MPV125L20A1

variable speed blower, 90+eff. 125Kbtu.

the owner switched the dip switches on set 2, but it resulted in the blower not running at all.  yes, he closed the compartment to take care of the lockout switch.

suggestions?

thanks

Karl
  • Tim McElwain
    Who makes the circuit board and

what are the numbers on it? Give me that and perhaps I can help you out.
  • Tim McElwain
    edited January 2010
    Karl are you familair

with ECM Motor Technology? That furnace has an ECM variable speed blower, if it is set correctly for heating and cooling it will control the speed of the fan itself. Do you have the Installation and Operations manual for the unit? If so there is info in it for set up of the motor.
  • Karl_Northwind
    blower speed adjustment

yep, I have the O&M for the furnace. 

I have no experience with the variable speed controls for furnace blowers. 

For internconecting these systems before all I have had to do is use an aquastat on the pipe heading from the solar piping to the hot water coil in the return. 

The aquastat closes at say 120 and opens at 100F, and essentially just parallels the fan switch in the thermostat, thru a second thermostat set to 75 F (high limit) in the house.  pipe gets hot, fan turns on.  no direct connection from the solar controls to the furnace controls. 

that's what I've done here, but the "fan only" setting the fan is running really slow, and not removing enough heat from the solar loop to keep the temp down and get the heat into the house.

According to the manual, It seems that dip switch 1 and 2 on  switch set 2 should change the fan only speed. 

I'll keep reading, and will welcome any advice.

Bugger that the system is nearly an hour away, kind of  a pain to go fiddle with and not know the answer when I go to the site. 

thanks,

karl
  • Tim McElwain
    Go visit a local HVAC

service company and talk to them they can walk you through the procedure. It is too lengthy to try to educate you here.
  • Karl_Northwind
    blower speed adjustment

OK, WIll do.

I'll call the installer who put in the furnace.  I would assume they'd know how to do this if I can't figger it out?

thanks

karl
This discussion has been closed.