Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

visited Slant/Fin today ...

Options
jpf321
jpf321 Member Posts: 1,568
So since I was in the neighborhood .. I dropped by the Slant/Fin plant in Greenvale, NY today .. needless to say they were a little caught off guard by a home-owner dropping by... anyway, since I'm shopping around for a replacement for my Fitzgibbons 402 .. and steamhead and charlie in wmass recommended Slant/Fin .. i figured i'd investigate ..

anyway, once I got past the guard, i was met very briefly by the VP of Sales who introduced me to John S. who is Director - Technical Services .. he was able to provide me some info, including that Noel Murdough used to work there with him.. John was kind enough to connect me with the Slant/Fin regional Sales Rep. Perry L. who is on his way over to my house now for an onsite meet & greet. Perry was kind enough to refer me to a few local contractors as well. While at the plant, I also met Stacey who is head of Sales & Marketing and who provided me with some brochures ..

all in all .. I had a short but productive visit at the plant (no free samples :-) ) .. and I really got a warm and fuzzy about working with what seems to be a highly recommended and better yet, local, company for my boiler needs ..

FYI, I'm looking at the Intrepid TR-30 (Oil/Steam boiler) ...

Thanks

jpf
1-pipe Homeowner - Queens, NYC

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

Connected EDR load: 371 sf venting load: 2.95cfm vent capacity: 4.62cfm
my NEW system pics | my OLD system pics

Comments

• Maine Vent
    Maine Vent Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Interested in Gas Wet Base also

Thanks jp for all this great info. I am interested in also upgrading to a gas wet base. My 20+ V7 Burnham is sucking up H20 like crazy. Got a leak at the water line into the firebox. It's working ok. Now I'm in southern Maine, have contacted slant fin and they have sent me a few names in the regional office to contact. Steamhead has recommended this boiler to me last year, I'm also interested in a dual fuel burner for this system. Any thoughts on a dual fuel burner? I am using your spreadsheet for my radiator vents, good job.

Thanks

Mark
    Weil McLean SGO4, Riello Gas Burner
    404 sq ft EDR
    Old Burnham V8 Removal
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    waterline leaks

those leaks could indicate other problems, such as chlorides water contamination, water-softener salt too close, dry floor drain, or other problems with the system. see if you can narrow down the cause, so your new slantfin gives you 35 yrs!--nbc
This discussion has been closed.