Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Multiple Up-feed Riser Connections

Options
Fein
Fein Member Posts: 1
First time posting- thanks in advance for any comments.

We remodeled a bathroom and closet to create two bathrooms on the second floor.  I left the old radiator in one room and need a new one in the other.  I have a one pipe up-feed system.  The existing system runs great.

All of the existing radiators are served by individual run-outs and risers from the main.  A jamoca who said he would do the new line in copper (which I won't)also suggested to tie the new radiator into the runout for the old one in the basement.  Since this would be easier than breaking into the main, I'm considering it.  The combined EDR from both radiators is within the max capacity for the run-out listed on p 89 of The Lost Art.  Is this a bad connection and if so, why?

Thanks again.

Comments

• "Bump"

Hi-  As you don't have an answer to your post as yet, I'll give you a "bump" to the top of the page where hopefully an experienced steam pro will see it and reply. I'd be glad to help you out but, like probably a lot of others on here, don't feel I have enough experience with extraordinary piping configurations to give you a valid reply.

- Rod
This discussion has been closed.