Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

radiant help

Options
MikeA
MikeA Member Posts: 1
I have a two zone radiant manifold four ports on zone one two ports on zone two with thermal actuators for zone control all WIrsbo. The actuators end switch goes into a simple Argo four zone relay w/o priority. The relay turns on circulator for radiant manifold. 

Problem is the circulator wont turn on. If you jump the T&T at Argo, pump turns on. All actuators are opening and closing properly. When the actuators are open they complete the circuit and we have conductivity on the end switches. We pulled a new wire from remote manifold about 25 feet connected end switches to T&T same problem.  Everything is doing what its suppose to do independently but together it doest work.

This system has been running four years and working properly up until now. I was thinking voltage loss and and maybe adding 24 volt isolation relay but why would the system work fine in years past and this just pop up?      

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Is that relay a Zone Valve Relay

If your using a zone valve relay the circulator needs to be wired as a system pump. The end switch from the control is wired to TT at the boiler. I believe on an Argo Zone relay there are 2 sets of ends switchs.  You should be able to use end switch 2 to power a pump. End switch 1 goes to TT on the boiler.  Go to Argo Industries web site. I'm sure there is a manual there.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.