Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

VENTS TO REPLACE RADIATOR VALVE

BARGO
BARGO Member Posts: 11
i HAVE 3 RADIATORS ON THE MAIN FLOOR THAT DO NOT HEAT WELL AND OF COURSE THAT IS WHERE THE THERMOSTAT IS.  i SAW ON PAGE 118 OD DAN'S BOOK A GUY THAT VENTED AT THE RADIATOR VALVE.  DOES SOMEONE MAKE OR SELL A PRODUCT FOR THIS/

BARGO

Comments

• Vents

These are just regular`pipe fittings and vents. If three radiators aren't working well in the same area,  you might want to take a look at the main venting  on the main that supplies them steam. The vents for the radiator are available in different sizes and so you might want to try a larger capacity vent. It is also possible to use two vents on a radiator thought you can run into problems with this. Do you have a one pipe or two pipe system?

- Rod
  • BARGO
    BARGO Member Posts: 11
    main in view just put in new vent

I have had about 5 new vents put in in the last 5 years.  not sure where to put another.  I guess I could tap the pipe from those radiators to try and find where to put another vent.  I have a single pipe system.  I figured it would be easier to relocate the turn valve (as in Dan's book) and vent at the radiator.  I do not have any vents on these radiators because they are so slow. everybody is cold on the main floor and warm everywhere else, 

Bargo
This discussion has been closed.